He has finally “popped the question”, and you are bursting with excitement to tell your family and friends the good news. Why not surprise them with your announcement with one of the following fun filled ideas?
- Invite your close family and friends to a BBQ or a casual dinner. Have two shirts printed with
“I said YES!” and “She said YES!”, and put on under a zip up hoodie. After all your guests arrive, casually take off the hoodies and see the reactions unfold!
- Create a blog or website that pertains to your wedding, and send the link to your friends. On the front page, have a large graphic that says, “WE'RE ENGAGED!”. This is also a handy way to have links for gift registries as the planning moves forward.
- Have custom fortune cookies printed with your engagement message. Take your family and friends out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, or have a dinner party at home. At the end of the party, pass out the fortune cookies for the big announcement printed on the message inside.
- There is always a little kid around who cannot keep a secret. At the next gathering, whisper in their ear that you have a huge secret and not to tell anyone that you are getting married. Chances are they will blurt it out as soon as they find out!
- Create a funny YouTube video with your partner and at the end announce your engagement. Send the link to all your close family and friends and post on your social media accounts if you choose to expand your audience.
- Have a friend who is familiar with Photoshop create a wedding theme magazine cover for you with a photo of you and your fiancée. If you do not know anyone familiar with graphic design, go to Fiverr.com to easily have one created for you for five bucks. You can list your name, engagement date and wedding date on the cover, if you have one set. Send one to family and friends. They will surely get a laugh and a smile!