On July 16, 2014 Da-Nay Macklin joined us as a co-host on Tribal Wisdom Radio as a part of our July Hot Topics month. The conversation was rich with secrets on how to prevent and recover from infidelity. Download and listen, then please rate and review (how to rate and review our podcasts) - let others know how you were helped by the advice given during the show!
As one of the nation’s leading experts on infidelity and the art of maximizing potential, Conquering Catalyst, Da-Nay Macklin is a Motivational Speaker, Certified Life Coach, Entrepreneurial Mentor and Acclaimed Author. She is the founder of Da-Nay International LLC, a life enrichment company for women focused on legacy living, conquering life’s purpose to equip, empower, and elevate clients to successfully navigate changes; while breaking free from infidelity and/or life’s obstacles potentially holding them back from the life they desire and deserve to live.
Da-Nay is also the author of Love After Adultery: the Breakthrough Journey of the Brokenhearted As a rising subject matter media commentator, Da-Nay has been featured on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal, Fox, ABC, The Doug Banks Radio Show, along with a host of national radio shows.
Show Notes -
Our topic was: Infidelity Prevention and Recovery Coaching along with Personal Empowerment
Here are just some of the points covered during the show:
Q : How can a couple prevent infidelity?
1. Prioritize your marriage
2. Avoid temptation
3. Know your vulnerability
4. Crystal clear communication
5. Rekindle the romance; date your mate
6. Keep a counselor, coach or your mentor, available as a team or board of directors for your marriage
7. Trust your instinct, and when your spirit is telling you about warning signs
8. Evaluate where you are in your marriage or relationship
Q: What kind of conversation can someone have with their spouse to let them know that they need more attention? How can they start and have that conversation to be clear about their needs?
1.Know where you are in the communication spectrum
2.Find areas or opportunities for communication
3.Know your communication expectations
4.Have a weekly communication
5.Don’t be afraid to ask
6.Be mindful that you’re not coming off in an attacking manner
Infidelity proof your marriage by getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, because the areas of opportunities and growth in your marriage are not going to come from a comfortable place. Provide your spouse with resources of what you need and what you want.
Points involving Infidelity Recovery-
· Rebuild trust
· Be transparent
· Equip yourselves with strategic resources, both offline and online
· Have a counselor or therapist who is specialized in dealing with couples who are dealing with infidelity
· Be protective of your marriage or relationship when you first find out about the infidelity
· Select a counselor and therapist that you both feel comfortable, safe and secure with
For More information about Da-Nay Macklin go to her website at www.danaymacklin.com
Like the Conquering Coach FaceBook page